Claims Data Entry Specialist
The claims Data Entry Specialist enters incoming claims in accordance with policies, procedures and guidelines, as outlined by Leon Health and contractual agreements; within mandated timeframes. The Claims Data Entry Specialist will be responsible for date stamping, scanning and data entering claims from a variety of sources in a timely manner to maintain turnaround time regulatory requirements.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep current with incoming daily receipts, which includes date stamping, scanning and data entry of claims
- Enter claim data accurately and timely, in alignment with departmental production and quality goals
- Identifying when received claims do not have the minimum necessary information required for data entry. Create and send rejection letters to the provider for the rejected claim.
- Maintain a minimum of 98% accuracy at all times
- Filing and light administrative duties associated with claims processing, including scanning and sorting of incoming medical records or other documents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment, knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in Excel.
- Data entry experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to adhere to deadlines and identified time frames
- Ability to read, write and communicate at a professional level
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Job Status: Full Time