The Application Analyst performs configuration tasks, maintenance functions, issue troubleshooting and user support within the health plan for various applications, not limited to but with a focus on Member Services, or Enrollment Services department and call center and related areas. This role is responsible for defining requirements, assessing, solutioning, design, configuration, and testing of the applications with a strong focus on user support.
- Review and analyze configuration requests.
- Review requirements and define system requirements for configuration.
- Testing of configuration.
- Review of testing results.
- Migration of configuration to production.
- Participate in group meetings with regard to system configuration and design.
- Maintain, monitor and report on status of system configuration and health.
- Provides mentoring and desk side training for new hires as needed.
- Participates in upgrades/releases of all payer systems, from planning to design to implementation to testing to post go-live support.
- Work with vendors to configure, maintain, troubleshoot and support all systems.
- 3+ years experience as an application/systems analyst in a managed care/health plan environment.
- Understanding of health plan operations and workflow with an emphasis on Member Services/Customer Service and call centers.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting payer systems.
- Medicare Advantage health plan experience a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Strong organization and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on large and small projects, with changing priorities.
- Strong self-starter and self-motivator, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work with general supervision, while performing job duties.
- Service and team oriented.
Job Status: Full Time